Thursday, May 17, 2007

The first one


Used to be people were detained at the Canadian border for car searches. Now it's Google searches. Here's what happened a few days ago when a psychiatrist who had the nerve to write about his experience with psychedelic drugs tried to enter the USA to pick a friend up from the Seattle airport, according to an article in the International Herald Tribune: "A guard typed Feldmar's name into an Internet search engine, which revealed that he had written about using LSD in the 1960s in an interdisciplinary journal. Feldmar was turned back and is no longer welcome in the United States, where he has been active professionally and where both of his children live." Sign #34124 of the USA becoming a banana republic. After my teaching assistant Brian sent this link to me and I forwarded it to everyone I knew, I thought it was time to finally start the blog.

No comments: